Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Time and Changes

 Changes

 

We can get overwhelmed in a world where everything changes, and nothing

stays the same. The whirl of time is so fast you want to say: “Stop the world

and let me off.”

As we get older, the things in life lose their fascination! Your purchase pattern

changes! You don’t buy green bananas; you purchase items in the light of

need in days, not years.

If you did not grow up in a world of technology, you could feel lost, but I have

a little of Captain Kirk inside me. My curiosity and adventurousness get the

best of me, and I become bold and explore new horizons! 

I recently watched a TikTok video of a young Hindu man on the approach

needed to lead a person of Indian heritage to the Lord. Then I read this

question in a blog:

“Why don’t you try reading God’s Word through the lens of another

culture?”

This question/statement made me stop and ponder! It is something I’ve missed

for sure.

I grew up in a spiritual culture of single-mindedness; this is the only way

mentality. I had to relocate to a different area to open my eyes and see what

was important - the love of Jesus with a relationship, not a mechanical religion

of rules. Yes, we are to conduct ourselves to be reverent and dress modestly

but the styles of acceptability change from one generation to the next. For

instance, the culture of the 30s would not have accepted a one-piece swimsuit

with boy legs worn in the 60s!

We can’t lose patience with the next generation and ignore them. We are left

on earth for a purpose, as outlined in the biblical book of Titus.

As older men and women, we are to live reverently and teach the younger

generation what is good and not to bring shame to God. You know, set an

example and be a good role model.

From looking at some of the current Tic Tok videos, we have a real mission

ahead of us!

Happy Mother’s Day!

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment