Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Struggles and Victory

 The Victory is in the Struggle


No one likes difficulties. We all would prefer a realm of Eutopia, but we live in a fallen

world and life happens!

 

We have all asked, “Why do bad things happen to good people?” Many books have been

written on the subject, but no definitive answer is ever given. Yes, they say things like, “It’s

an opportunity to test or teach, or we grow in adversity,” but it's still difficult to grasp

when you are the one living in a moment of controversy.

 

I can say with confidence that after living for 80 years, my faith in God has brought me

through many bad times. Did I question Him? Yes, absolutely. During one conflict in my

life, I said, “God, this is not what I wanted. Do I need to come up there and tell you how to

do this because you are not getting it right!” 

 

Aren't you glad God loves us and has a sense of humor? All the time He had a plan in place

that was better than the one I had conjured up in my brain! 

 

Those times of controversy have built my faith and I’ve learned to say “God, I don’t

understand, but I’m going to trust you.” I’m sure glad I have good friends that love me and

encourage me and don’t judge me like Job’s friends did in the Old Testament!

In the New Testament, I’m sure the disciples wondered about God’s plan after Jesus died

on the cross. What looked like an utter defeat turned out to be the plan needed to save the

world. 

 

This Easter season let’s remember that we all have times of struggles. Many people walk

around and look normal while performing their daily activities, behave normally, and say

normal things but their heart is breaking inside. Your smile or kind word may be the glue

that keeps them from breaking apart!

 

Don’t judge others! People need encouragement, not discouragement. Spread cheer daily,

not doom, gloom, and despair! 

 

Enjoy this time of celebrating the season of resurrection because we are blessed with

eternal hope.

 

Happy Easter.

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Amazon Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment