Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Today's Multiple Marriages

 

Since I’m not shy in giving my opinion, I’m weighing in on multiple marriages.

Now, I know some of you don’t believe in women preachers, so I’m not preaching just being a biblical Deborah!

While adultery may be a scriptural reason for divorce and remarriage, you are free to re-marry only in the Lord. An unfaithful spouse will give you scriptural freedom to get a divorce, but the same scripture is clear, you are free to only marry another believer.

When a Christian unites with an unbeliever, they are not on the same page spiritually. This is my thinking and I have no scripture to back it up, but I have to wonder, if God doesn't sanction an unbelievers' marriage in the first place, then some unions would be invalid. Everyone has to pray and seek their own understanding and answer.

Thank God for His credit line of forgiveness!

I am a little doubtful that Larry King and Elizabeth Taylor had scriptural grounds for divorcing 8 spouses. I have to wonder whether maybe they are just difficult to live with and should stay single. But that is their answer to seek. They did not ask me to give my approval or permission! hahaha

Seriously, I do think we need to clean up God's church from ALL sin! That includes lying, gossiping, and backbiting, not just unfaithfulness in marriages. We should have such a relationship with God that we want to live holy and exhibit the fruits of the spirit listed in Galatians: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control!!


No comments:

Post a Comment