Tuesday, September 21, 2021

August ALT Post

 Let’s Go Fishing!

Besides being an interview guru, Mike Brower is a fishing expert. Every fisherman I know has a whopper of a story to tell. Each one will try to “out whop” the other! My fishing story is one they can’t top! Ha Ha

My first fishing experience was in a boat with my daddy and Grandpa Bud and one I never forgot. He was a perfectionist. He unloaded the boat and checked it fifty-eleven times to make sure every little iota was in place. 

 

He made me wear a life jacket, which made me feel awkward and clumsy. How could I fish and relax wearing that? They wanted complete silence, and I made too much noise for them. I did not have an abundance of patience and became bored waiting for the fish to bite and ready to go home!

 

When Odis and I dated in 1958, he wanted to take me fishing. I pushed my dull fishing outing to the back of my mind and loved being with him whatever we were doing.

 

Not being fond of the live worms that wiggled, I let Odis put them on the hook for me. I did not know that when the red and white bobber bobbled, it was a sign of a nibble, and I needed to yank the line to hook the fish. The fish gobbled up my bait, and I only fed them. I learned that I am a better observer than a participant, and Odis realized fishing was not my thing.

 

When I met the boys fifteen years later, they excitedly told me about their fishing experiences. I told them my story about their dad taking me when I was not too much older than they. They laughed as I explained, “He never asked me to go fishing again.”

 

From AGAINST ALL ODDS, We Found The Perfect Love Copyright ©2021 Suzie Tyler 

Currently available on Amazon as an eBook. 

 

Hope your summer has been great doing whatever you enjoy!!

 

Follow SuzieTK Snippets on Facebook, Word Press, and Blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment