Monday, June 14, 2021

Preface for AGAINST ALL ODDS We Found The Perfect Love

PREFACE

My high school romance began on February 13, 1958, followed by a separation through no fault of our own.

Fifteen years later, I found my high school sweetheart, who had been divorced for three years and raising his three boys. Most people thought I was nuts and did not believe our marriage would last. They were not counting on my deep feelings for this man that had continued through the years. I was unwilling to pass up my "second chance" and went against friends and family's advice.

With 450 miles between us, the odds of finding each other without Google was a miracle. We did not know what happened to each other but had kept a silent connection with an invisible bond.

I hope those who read my story will realize how life can begin again with pure love. Be encouraged. Happiness is still in your future when you put your trust in God. He is the giver of second chances to those who have experienced a divorce.

This book has been a labor of love spanning six years of research. It has been challenging to get data for circumstances happening over 50 years ago. Most people did not remember the events I was enquiring about or had died. They had torn buildings down to make way for progress, making it impossible to define without digital maps.

 Writing my life story has not been easy. We both had gone through a lot of turmoil during the fifteen years we were apart. While therapeutic, and I have recalled several wonderful loving memories, the painful times and events have made me deal with emotions I had suppressed. God taught me a lot about myself, and I have grown intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. Odis' example of perfect love helped me to learn to trust again.

The most challenging part of writing a book is research. The Google search app has saved many hours of work in my quest to find information. I am thankful to my sister Racine, my friend JoAnn, Odis' friends Dalton, Willie, and Danny for allowing me to be a pest with many phone calls and questions to write my story that began at Lake Texarkana in 1958.

I am grateful to Odis's mom, Vivian, for not throwing away history.  She had copies of his tax returns starting in 1956. With his W2's, I put together the dates of his employment history from Texarkana until we married. She also had a small address notebook with every significant event in their life that proved invaluable. Odis kept a file of all the court documents of his divorce and custody battle. Sometimes being a packrat pays off.


AGAINST ALL ODDS We Found The Perfect Love

Available as an ebook on Amazon.com

Print available later.

No comments:

Post a Comment