Monday, April 22, 2019

Why does Jesus love us?



This is a question older than time and I have never heard anyone explain it. Who would want to send their Son from a mansion and wealth to a world who would not appreciate your gift and actually mock him as he died a horrible death so they could have eternal life?

Remembering Mel Gibson's movie, Jesus, with the scenes of the flogging and thinking about all the pain of the cross, it is even more of a mystery why God loved humanity that much. And even more puzzling, "What did I do to deserve His love?" The answer is, I didn't deserve His kind of love, but I'm glad He made it available for me.


I attended the eighty-first Easter Sunrise service at Camp Preston Hunt yesterday as we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was my first time to attend since I was 12 or 14 years of age. I saw several families there with their children about that age and I hope they will always remember the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is the best gift they will ever receive. 

So, there is not a reasonable explanation for God's Love, but God is not logical. We did nothing to deserve it but He gave it anyway!  

Have a great day and thank God for your blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment