Saturday, April 27, 2019

Beau-Max


Just finished my second fiction short story called Beau-Max and will be a series as my character grows up and experiences life. Available on Amazon.com 
https://www.amazon.com/Beau-Max-Suzie-Tyler-ebook/dp/B07R9LTBTP/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1558240960&sr=8-1-fkmr0



This fiction short story is based on my experience as a thirty-year-old after inheriting three sons from my husbands first marriage. When we married, he had full custody, and I accepted the responsibility of raising his sons and my daughter.  Never having been around boys, I had a big surprise learning the behavior of boys versus girls. I found out first hand the ways of boys involved in dirt, grease, and coon hunting while girls were made of buttons and bows and frills. It is dedicated to the memory of my youngest son, Tim Tyler.

This is a small clip from the first edition:

After supper, dad said he needed to talk with me. I thought, oh, no. He is going to give me a father to son talk about girls. My dad is quiet but very smart. When he talks, I listen. We sat down on the couch, and he looked at me and said, “Son, you know you shouldn’t scare girls like that.” I explained to him that Earl had told them that, and I scolded him for lying to them, but we just wanted to fish without silly girls. Dad chuckled. Then he smiled at me and said, “Beau-Max, someday you will grow up and look at girls differently. You will fall in love, and your life will change. You will get married and have children, and they will make you happy just like you make me happy.”

“I understand, dad.” I told him that I understood, but I really didn’t. Girls are a nuisance. They are okay to be moms who belong to dads, but Earl and I had other things to do that didn’t include girls.



#Beau-Max,#SuzieTylerWriter, #AGAINSTALLODDS, #ThePerfectLove

No comments:

Post a Comment