Monday, April 29, 2019

New City, New Job, New Home.



In 1978, we moved to Texarkana from Lonsdale. I didn't really plan to move back to my hometown. The printing industry was changing, and the opportunity became available for Odis to work as director of Public Works for the City of Nash.

All we could find was an upstairs two bedroom apartment available at Woodbridge Apartments on Belt Road. Odis knew I was not moving without my piano. He said, "Sweetheart, we will get that piano in there if I have to get a forklift." That was the right answer!

Six months later, we found a house in Nash on 989. We had lived there for about a year and had been looking for a house to buy. One Sunday evening when I came home from playing for Marejohn, Odis told me I needed to pray for a place to live because our landlord's son was moving back and wanted her house. 

I had all my Christian friends at church and Aglow praying for us a house. God gave me the scripture in First Chronicles 14:1 Now Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David and timber of cedars, with masons and carpenters to build him an house.

Odis was driving down Post Street and saw a man building on a house and stopped to ask him if it was for sale. He told him he had just built himself a new home and was fixing his old house to rent, but might sell it later. Odis said, "I want it either way." That evening when I got off work, we went to look at it. It was like it was specially built for us. It had a master bedroom with a huge bathroom and walk-in closet, double oven, garbage disposal, fireplace and a room that was added on with a private entrance that I could teach piano. 

It was just one of the many miracles God supplied in our years of marriage beginning with how we found each other after being separated for fifteen years.  God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Just trust Him to make all things work out for your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment