Thursday, October 13, 2016

I had a tiny waist in 1958

AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)
 Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler

Chapter Twelve
Developing a Lifelong Love Relationship




We walked around the mountain area, taking pictures and making time to hug each other tightly as we held on to the joy of each moment! We were just happy being together knowing our love is real.  It had been over a month since we had seen each other. I looked at the beauty of the mountain scenery as he pointed out different places of interest in Hot Springs that we could see from atop the mountain.  It reminded me of our time at Lake Texarkana in 1958.  He must have been thinking of the same thing because he squeezed my hand as we walked along the trail and said, “Do you remember back when we were at the lake, listening to Elvis Presley sing “Don’t Be Cruel” and I would tell you not to hurt my heart that was true?  I guess I was worried that you would do that.  I wish we had gone to the preacher, said I do and went to Florida for a honeymoon.  We sure have a lot of time to make up for.”

He stopped and took both my hands in his and placed them behind his back as he looks into my eyes.  He stands looking at me for several seconds and then said, “Your beautiful eyes melt my heart.  I love you more every day.”  

As he places my hands on his waist, he cradles my face in his hands and says “You were the sweetest girl I had ever met and still are.  I wish I had proposed back then. You would be mine today!” 

Then as he puts his hands around my waist he says, “I remember that you had the tiniest waist. I could put both of my hands around it and they would meet.”  As he tried to close his fingers around my waist, he couldn’t quite make it and I laughed and said “Well, that waist has grown a lot in 15 years!” 

As we stood there on the mountain that July day, we knew this was not just a brief summer romance.  Our love grew deeper and stronger as we watched nature unfold in front of us with the flight of the birds and the bees.  It was so beautiful and I knew being in his arms and the love we were sharing would be what I would remember about that day.  That love had been silent for 15 years but was now awakened and everlasting.  We talked about how we had gone on different paths in 1958 and what a miracle it was that our paths had crossed again.

We sat on some steps that were there and I laid my head over on his shoulder soaking in the moment as I listened to his heart beat.  As he held me tight, we made a commitment to always stay together forever.  We were very determined that our love would still be true after the summer’s stars had disappeared. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment