Tuesday, October 25, 2016

“A Way To Survive”


AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)
The Final Chapter
Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler


I wrote this poem because I miss him so much and my heart is still broken without him in my earthly life!


Remembering Odis
Remembering special moments make me miss you so much.
My mind wonders and I visualize your special touch.
My friends say "Oh, you'll survive, it just takes time"!
But I cry most every night because you’re always on my mind.
So, I don't think time can heal my broken heart.
Without you here with me it’s torn all apart.
No time won't heal a broken hearted me with pain
Only you can do that when we are together again.


In 1966, Ray Price released “A Way To Survive”. Because Dean in jealous anger tore up my picture of Odis, I did not have a picture to keep his memory alive from 1958. I had him hidden in my heart though and no one could take that away from me. I look at the song differently now and it reveals the way my heart feels. For now, this works for me ... the memories of 1958 and 1973 is where I want to be!!! For now, it’s the way to survive. 

“I look at your picture too often, It helps keep your mem'ry alive! It's not healthy they say to relive yesterday, but for me it's the way to survive.. When my heart aches I read all your letters, Their words keep your memory alive. They say I can't last if I live in the past, but for me it's the way to survive. I must cling to what's gone if I'm to go on. I can't face the future, I've tried! Perhaps for the rest, looking back isn't best, but for me it's the way to survive.”


No comments:

Post a Comment