Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Prologue






PROLOGUE
Letters From Odis
“You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone.” 
II Corinthians 3:2


  
My life took a unique journey with a phone call on Sunday, May 6th, 1973 that renewed a prior relationship. We had developed a special love in 1958, but a mysterious departure had occurred. Not knowing what had happened to each other, we had gone our separate ways and made new plans in different directions. With poor choices in marriages, we began looking for a fresh start and praying for a mate who was a Christian.
After a ten to thirteen-minute conversation, we made an agreement to send pictures and keep in touch. Thirteen days later, I prearranged an informal meeting with this mystery man who had made an unexplained exit from my life fifteen years before.
Our reconnection that night created an awakening that set off a burning fire in our hearts that had been asleep. In a reminiscing six-hour setting, unconditional love was reborn with an innocent kiss as our love was awakened … again …
The man in the moon nestled above in the sky of stars came together to smile on us and re-created our passion. Reaching down to produce a sparkle in Odis’ eye, his heart was encircled with love and devotion that lasted a lifetime. With our Christian faith, we believed we were the answer to each other’s prayer.
A few days after our trip down memory lane, he wrote a letter from deep within his heart and soul, “I enjoyed being with you. You have turned my world upside down, and all I can think of now is you. I have been in a daze since seeing you. You would be easy to love, Sue.”
Trying to put the puzzle pieces together, he said, “Life has always been a puzzle to me, but usually I can think things out and put the pieces together. I haven’t been able to figure this out yet, as to how and why things happened the way they did. I told God that I would do anything He wanted me to do if He would give me you.”
This mystery man created a dream world and showered me with more love than I thought possible. With email not available, we wrote hundreds of cards and love letters for seven months while 450 miles apart.
This book is a collection of those written words that appear in different chapters telling our story. I wanted to include the entirety of Odis’ beautiful letters to preserve them in one place. To keep my book from being so lengthy, I purchased the domain name, LETTERSFROMODIS.COM and will post them online.
I hope these letters will show the younger generation the art of writing love letters. A text message using the abbreviations of “I U” lose the translation of the language of love. No sweeter words can be whispered than “I Love You, Sweetheart. 
He jokingly told me “I want you to burn all my letters, you may use them against me someday.” We both kept the letters we wrote developing our love. Without these letters, there would be no AGAINST ALL ODDS We Found The Perfect Love book.
Our reconnection set in motion the foundation for one of the most significant love affairs anybody could possibly dream. It culminated in a marriage, a miracle baby and a life of amazing love we neither one had expected.
You can call it fate, destiny, coincidence, God or just luck but I believe we were meant to be. From the first time he held me in his arms in 1958, I knew we were born to be together. Events and circumstances dictated an alternative route. While making our way back to each other, a silent love communicated across miles and the eons of time.
After reading this book, I believe you can say without a doubt; a puzzle came together to create a picturesque love story that would astonish any Hollywood producer. It is the voyage of a perfect love story that ended but began with a written letter.
            This book is my edition of the rest of the story of a real Perfect Love created against all the odds. 

True Love Is Never Too Late!







A mysterious returned letter ended our relationship

A casual letter fifteen years later renewed our relationship





No comments:

Post a Comment