Monday, September 12, 2016

TRIP TO HEAVEN




Book Clip: 
Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler
AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love) Chapter Four "The Suzie Plan"

His drive home was an hour and a half of musing about what had just happened and he could not explain his emotions.  All he knew was he had a new lease on life and had just experienced a mysterious reconnection.  With a smile on his face, he has to acknowledge an awakened love in his heart.  He realizes this little girl he left in Texarkana and thought special then, was still a unique girl in his life.  Seeing her reappearing and remembering him after all these years was surprising, intriguing and flattering.  He thinks to himself, “Everything she is looking for in a husband is what I want in a wife”.  With every mile he drives, he is falling passionately in love with this wonderful girl in Texas that he has been with tonight.  He is not sure what to do about it or why he feels like he does but he likes it. A song comes on the radio and the words grab his attention, “I just took a trip to heaven, I didn't even have to die. If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me. Love may never come again. Hang on we'll ride together to a sweet or bitter end!  Loving you performed a miracle; I don't need no wings to fly. I just took a trip to Heaven; I didn't even have to die!”   Those words take hold of his heart and he says out loud in the car, “Wow, that’s how I feel! I just fell in love with an angel straight from heaven!”  He is kicking himself for not going back to Texarkana to find her in 1958 and thinking, “Wow, can’t believe I let her slip through my fingers!”   Thinking and driving are making his mind go crazy about what could have been and what he had missed.  That ‘Young Love, First Love’ from fifteen years ago had quickly been rekindled.  He is thinking “Tonight I opened my heart and love for Suzie came in.  I know it is love.  It feels like a fire burning inside.”   As he pulls in to his driveway, he is unable to explain how he feels.  He is not sure why tonight happened but happy he made the drive to reminisce with an old friend!    



No comments:

Post a Comment