Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Suzie Plan




Chapter Four
The Suzie Plan

Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler                 




In my immature 15-year-old way, I loved him in 1958 but not knowing the reason for his unexplained exit; I was unsure of his love for me in 1973. With that previous ‘love connection’ I could place a small trust that probably would have been impossible otherwise. There are new emotions bubbling up deep inside me with this reinvention of an ‘old love in a new way’!  He is tapping something inside and I knew in my heart, “You can lead a heart to love but you can’t make it fall!”   It seemed so natural to fall in love with him but it was so instant and with such intensity, it startled me.

His drive home was an hour and a half of musing about what had just happened and he could not explain his emotions.  All he knew was he had a new lease on life and he had just experienced a mysterious connection.

He realizes this little girl he left in Texarkana 15 years before, and thought special, was still a unique girl in his life.  Seeing her reappearing and remembering him after all these years was surprising, intriguing and flattering. 

His 1958 ‘Young Love, First Love was quickly rekindled and he wasn’t sure why but he liked it.  He re-opened his heart and fell deeper in love than he had before.  He wrote, “You opened up my heart and my love for you came in, Sue and I know that it is love.  It is like a fire burning inside me all the time.”  

Those fifteen years apart were wrapped up in the eight months of cards and letters with an unmatched intensity of love.  They made it worth the sacrifice of those years we were apart.  Although it took time for our heads to communicate with our hearts, we now set this fairytale love story in motion even though 450 miles separated us.  We are now ready for the hundreds of cards and letters that chronicled this awakened new old love!



No comments:

Post a Comment