Wednesday, July 27, 2016

AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)


The Suzie Plan - Chapter Four
Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler

Sitting in the car, I could see him in the moonlight and knew this handsome man still had a place in my heart.  I just wasn’t sure where that place would lead me.  As we sat and talked, I saw a sparkle in his eye and heard a lilt in his voice that had not been there at the beginning of the night.  It was close to midnight and I was still talking, ‘ninety to nothing’ catching up on each others ‘life happenings’.  I was trying to be so reserved and act so nonchalant but my heart was not cooperating and I did not want the night to end.  I reluctantly said “I guess I really should go in but I have really had a good time.  It has been wonderful remembering the special times we had and I’m so happy to get to see you again after 15 years.  I hope it won’t be our last and we can do it again”.  He tenderly touched my chin to give me a good night kiss but I turned away.  You have to remember; It had been thirteen years since I had dated.  I was raised in a different era than today’s world. I was still old fashioned!  You don't ‘kiss on the first date’.  He must have read my mind because he gently turned my face back toward him and looked directly into my eyes and with a twinkle in his smile said “It's not like this is our first date” so I let him kiss me.   Oh, wow!  Bells and whistles went off so loud in my head and heart!  When our lips met, it combined his heart to mine and the blend of the two was beating inside me and about to explode.  It stirred the love I felt for him in 1958, as a sophomore and I knew it was still there but deeper than I could have imagined.  We got out of the car and as we walked to the front door, I felt like I was walking on a cloud!  My knees felt weak and my heart was beating at least 113 beats a minute! Standing on the front steps, he tenderly kisses my lips again and says goodnight as I open the door and walk inside.  I went in, leaned up against the closed front door and sighed with a feeling of seventh heaven as I touched my lips trying to keep my remembrance of that kiss fresh in my mind!

When I walked in, my sister was waiting for me and said “Oh, my gosh, you are glowing!”   She started asking me fifteen hundred questions at 250 words a minute.  I told her every detail and she knew I was captivated by him, the memories, the whole experience! I wanted to just totally stay in that moment and never ever leave it!  (Sigh)

The culmination of seeing him again after all those years had totally reinforced what I had already suspected!   I was still in love with him!  Combined with our prior romantic relationship, it just clicked for us that night!  


No comments:

Post a Comment