Monday, May 2, 2016

I've Already Loved You In My Mind Fifteen Years Ago



Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler
AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)



Country music love songs defined our love connection beginning in 1958.  In the seventies, Conway Twitty released I've Already Loved You In My Mind and Fifteen Years Ago. A portion of the words of those songs defined our feelings that night in May, 1973 when we had our face to face meeting for the first time in 15 years. When Odis wanted to give me a good night kiss, I turned away because I “didn’t kiss on the first date”.  After being with me those few hours, he knew we were not exactly strangers. He had been thinking about me for several weeks and knew the way he felt in 1958 was being renewed.  In his mind, his heart had already fallen in love and just wanted to hold me, love me and kiss me. Now in 1973 he is reminding me, "It's not like this is our first date"! 
At that moment in time, with our first kiss we stopped being strangers and became lovers.  We loved with feeling that night with a love that had been delayed far too long. Forty three years later, I can still feel what I felt in my heart with that “kiss”!  I had also loved him for 15 years. 



Pat Boone had just starred in a movie “April Love” and there was a big controversy over him kissing the leading lady, Shirley Jones.  According to reports, it was not in the script and Boone asked the director to delay shooting that scene until he asked his wife about it afraid he might offend her.  In the meantime, the director had already released to the media that he would not do it for religious reasons.  When it was filmed, the scene was interrupted by a spectator before the kiss could happen. The publicity actually brought more revenue for the film.

As we watched the movie and listened to the song April Love in 1958 we never realized the catalyst to our new life together would come about in April 1973 after being apart for fifteen years.  I guess you could call our romantic affair an “APRIL LOVE”
April love is for the very young, Every star's a wishing star that shines for you
April love is all the seven wonders, One little kiss can tell you this is true
Sometimes an April day will suddenly bring showers
Rain to grow the flowers for her first bouquet
But April love can slip right through your fingers
So if she's the one don't let her run away
Sometimes an April day will suddenly bring showers
Rain to grow the flowers for her first bouquet
But April love can slip right through your fingers
So if she's the one don't let her run away

No comments:

Post a Comment