Sunday, March 27, 2016

AGAINST ALL ODDS (We Found The Perfect Love) Book Sample





Some of you know I am writing a book on the fairy tale love story that I lived with the love of my life, Odis Tyler.  This is a sample of the first chapter.

Chapter One
1958 - The Beginning

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  (Jeremiah 29:11)  


Disclaimer...... I was 15 years old, immature, silly and had not a clue about life! 

It is 1958!  An exciting time to be a teen!
      
It was a “Happy Days” lifestyle with an “American Bandstand” atmosphere.  Lee’s Drive-In was Texarkana’s own Arnold’s Drive-in, and then there was Guy’s Orange Stand whose trademark was orange juice served with peanuts and those wonderful frosty root beer floats.  All the young people would drag 7th Street between the two places on Friday and Saturday nights to see what everyone was doing. Church attendance was a family affair.  Most Americans were patriotic, and the boys were proud to serve in the military.  We had our teen idol, Elvis Presley, reporting for the draft in Memphis that year, and a few homes had television. 

Girls wore pedal pushers, guys wore jeans with pant legs rolled up and of course, there were flat top and ducktail haircuts. There were Penny loafers with white bobby sox and heel taps that we dragged across the floor to make noise. 
I really did not want my picture taken.
The guys wore white loafers and Blue Swede shoes!  And who could forget those 4 or 5 crinoline petticoats under our poodle skirts that we called “can cans.”  We starched then so stiff they would stand up by themselves.  The guys would see who could have the loudest muffler and the coolest spinner hubcaps and fender skirts.


I do have a facebook page for my book.  If you have a facebook account, please like my page:
https://www.facebook.com/Astorybookfairytale/

No comments:

Post a Comment