Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Perspective in Life

 Life Is Fleeting

It’s funny how our perspective changes with age!


When I was young, the world stood still, and I thought my birthday and Christmas

would never come. At eighteen, I thought I was indestructible and would live

forever. In my thirties I thought the world was so bad, it could not possibly last

another year. By fifty, life was going by so fast, that when Christmas rolled around

it felt like we had just celebrated a few months ago.


This November, I added another birthday, but the world still stands! Turning the

big double forty was not as bad as I thought. Some friends think I will live forever

while others are surprised that I’m still here, but most thought age would have

given me wisdom and wondering “what happened.”


I do have a family legacy of longevity. Both my grandmothers lived to be ninety-

eight and never went to the doctor or took supplements or prescriptions. They did

have a family member who cooked up some moonshine in the backwoods of

Arkansas that they used as a hot toddy, and it cured everything!


One of my grandmothers was Cajun and had some strange home remedies! One

ritual was drinking four ounces of Morgan David wine (she pronounced it MO-

gan David) every day at 4 pm! We kids did not have this knowledge until we

became adults because alcohol was taboo in our family.


Synthetic chemicals have been added to some home remedies, and we purchase

them as prescriptions for millions of dollars. I am ready to find an old-fashioned

physician who prescribes natural cures for my ailments!


Oh my, did I just ask for a witch doctor or a wine doctor??


In the 1970s, we thought we would never reach the year 2000, certainly not 2023,

but here we are again about to watch the ball drop in New York City bringing in

another year!


I hope you will make new goals and dreams for 2023 and achieve all of them and

when we return in twelve months, you will be healthy, wealthy, and wise.


Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon Author's Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment