Wednesday, June 7, 2023

New Year 2023

 New Year’s Resolutions


In the glow of the ball drop in the Big Apple, people lift their wine

glasses to toast a new year and resolve to adopt better habits in the area

of health, wealth, and discipline.

Surprisingly, statistic show that most people really do change their

behavior. It's a chance to clear the slate with a new beginning. 

How difficult is it to keep those resolutions?  It has been said that if

you repeat something for 30 days, it becomes a habit. Not sure how

true to form that statement is but most health clubs will attest to that

not being true.  The first 30 days of January, you cannot find a

machine that is idle but by February 15th, gyms are empty.

So how do you keep your resolutions for the whole year? 

I’m not the one to answer that query! I think I am the most

undisciplined human on the planet. My husband on the other hand was

the most disciplined person on earth! If a doctor told him to take a pill

at 10, 2, and 4, he did it!  He was a great advertisement for Dr Pepper!

 Sometimes I think you are born with discipline.

When we re-connected in 1973, I left a message for him to call me at 2

o’clock on a Sunday afternoon.  At precisely 2:00 pm, not a minute

before nor a minute after but straight up 2 o’clock, he called. 

It’s a miracle he stayed with me because I am always late.  I think it’s

called L O V E!

My prayer is that I will use every opportunity to make a difference this

year. I have written down my list of resolutions and checked it twice. I

hope you have compiled your personal list. I’m planning to begin early

and practice them to the letter, so I’ll be ready for the new year.

I’ll check back with you on December 31st, 2023, and I hope we both

get an A plus!

Have a great New Year and stay focused!

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment