Monday, December 6, 2021

Are you a “Procrastinator?”

ALT Magazine Blog for November

 

In a few short weeks, we will celebrate important events like my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

THEN the ball will drop in the big apple, and 2022 will come bursting on the scene.

My rule for the new year: ... No discussion of 2021. I, for one, am ready to put this year in the history books, never to be remembered again!!

But, what comes next? Taxes! I don’t think we have had the sweeping tax changes the politicians promised, but then there’s an entire new year to “git it done!”… Maybe

For those procrastinators who just filed their taxes in October, it will be a new opportunity to do it early for a change.

Of course, I’m so old that I remember preparing taxes without an automatic extension giving you an extra six months to complete your 1040.

Back in the “dark ages,” before the internet, TurboTax, and E-file, you prepared your taxes by hand. We then typed the completed numbers on the IRS forms with an IBM Selectric typewriter, but we did have self-correcting tape! There were only requested extensions with a darn good reason, and you worked around the clock for several weeks before April 15th and just got it done or else!!! Oh, how I remember those late rushing trips to the post office to meet the deadline!

In those rare instances when you couldn’t complete it, you requested an extension, and even if IRS turned it down, it gave you a few weeks to fudge!!

How things have changed! Now, with an automatic extension, procrastinators can wait til October 15th, but,   Who does that??!!

Follow my blog, SuzieTK Snippets, on Facebook and Word Press, OR, google it.

Happy Birthday to me and Happy Turkey Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment