Monday, November 9, 2020

Where Is Love?


Natural births can be conceived in true love or a duty love, but God conceived us spiritually in Agape Love!  We need to go forth and act like the Love that conceived us spiritually!!


A child knows genuine love!  You may fool adults, but kids have a sixth sense and can recognize love!  

In my book AGAINST ALL ODDS, We Found The Perfect Love ©2020; I wrote about surface love, loving superficially or what you can do for me love, and Agape Love, a love that gives sacrificially wanting nothing in return!   

I married while still in high school, with a selfish love, and was a spoiled, self-centered, immature teen!  I can't blame my ex-husband 100% for the failure of our marriage! Well, maybe 90%. Just kidding.  My mother had a saying, "It takes two to make a marriage, and it takes two to break it!"  

I have an analytical brain and thru 5 years of research and looking back over my life; I have learned a lot about myself!  I really did not know about Agape love until I married my husband, Odis that I loved in high school! Thru a series of events, we became separated at 15 and 18 and did not rediscover that love until 15 years later!  

Then, at 30 snd 33, we had both experienced terrible marriages, and neither one had genuine love in them! We also had matured and life's experiences had taught us to appreciate love with a different view!  

Odis loved deep and when we found each other again, he gave me true Agape love like Jesus loves!  I don't think I fully recognized the depth of it until after he passed away and I re-read his love letters.  Reading them forty years before, I was in an emotionally distressed mental state as a 30-year-old, but they took on a different meaning at 70, after experiencing over 40-years of love with him!

I thank God that He sent me a man who loved me in the natural as God loved me in the spirit! Odis taught me the art of expressing love when I'm not sure I loved myself!  He gave me all his love, wanting nothing in return! 

When we dated, he told me "I don't want to marry you to take of my boys! I want to love you, protect you, and take care of you forever! All I want in return is your love and faithfulness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment