Monday, October 19, 2020

Why I Am ProLife

 When Odis and I met the second time, I found out his mom had a baby that only lived 24 hours!  At 30, I didn't realize how that would affect me in my 70s. Rereading his letters, the story of him being thrown from a horse at 8 or 9 years old, and being in a coma for several days, gave me now mature understanding insight I didn't have earlier! 


Hearing him relate how the doctor said he could do nothing more for him and how he just woke up with his dad sitting on his bed, holding him and rocking him. The first thing he saw was his mom verbally praying for him, and God gave this mom the miracle she was asking to receive! At the time, I wrote him back that there was nothing more precious than a mom praying for her child!  That miracle was beneficial for me 25 years later! 

Losing a child no matter how far along the pregnancy is heartbreaking for a mom. The child she lost was a genuine person!  He was Odis' brother who never made his mark on the world, and his mom only knew him thru her heart! 

I guess remembering this and my earlier thinking incest or rape gave the okay to abort a child, but now I look at it differently! 

After Odis took me to the scriptures, I realized, even then, it was still taking a life and changed my thinking. Now I want to honor him and have become a self-appointed voice for the unborn, so now you know the "Rest of the Story!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment