Saturday, November 14, 2020

God gives us talents

When I was born, God gave me an amazing ability (talent) to play the piano by ear.  My parents did not see the need to give me lessons at age 8 because I could play anything I wanted to and was playing in church at age 9.   I wanted to play things I had not heard so I searched for more ways to do that and started cultivating the talent that God had given me.  

Through the years, God has brought some amazing people into my life including Sharon Eaton Stevens who helped me with my ear training, and other teachers like Esther Mills Wood who taught me the theory of music and included my daughter, Karmyn Tyler.  One thing I have learned through my "years of experience" is that the "status quo"  does not satisfy talented people, and they are always searching for more that makes their outstanding talent greater.

Matthew 25:14-30

When God gives us talents, He expects, no He demands,  us to cultivate and polish that talent to achieve the final result.

Parable of the talent's summary is:  Those who bury it and pay no attention find its value diminishes the longer they ignore it. Even what little they have will be taken from them.

And so the principle is “Use it or Lose it”

No comments:

Post a Comment