Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Who Am I?


What is the difference between an author and a writer? One person describes it as "Authors are self-oriented, while writers are service-oriented."
I write what pops in my head! Makes my girls nervous! I started out writing a blog.  Then I wrote my love story of the love of my life. I do nothing halfway so I took online classes and connected with local writers and read a lot of information on how to write! Now I am writing short stories on growing up in the sixties and seventies. (Beau Max series available on Amazon.)



When I started playing music, I did the same thing. There was no internet, so I got books and read anything I could find on the structure of music. It wasn’t enough for me to just play what I heard in my head, but I wanted to know what I was playing! I learned there were 3 diminished chords with the name of the root note inverted and called that. The same was true for augmented chords. As I studied more, it became an in-depth training with major and minor chords with 7ths and 9ths! By the time I learned all this, I had ended up with the beginning of a music degree but was too old and set in my ways to go to a liberal arts college which is probably a good thing with the current liberal curriculum. 

I consider myself self-oriented in music but service-oriented in my writing. I pour out the thoughts in my head as words on a computer keyboard like I poured out the sounds I heard to the piano keyboard!  

Now, if you are lucky enough to read what I write, you get to know what I know!  That may be a little scary but stay tuned while I try to find out who I am, which may be even more frightening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment