Monday, July 30, 2018

Alpha Omega College Experience


I wanted to prepare myself for the writing venture of my love story AGAINST ALL ODDS, We Found the "Perfect Love."

My formal training was in accounting so I knew I needed some training to do this in writing. I never do anything halfway and dove in with everything I have.  I started by taking online classes with several experienced successful writers.

I continued with a ten hour, ten week class with Writers' Digest University on training to be a copy editor. At my age, I did not want a new career but felt it would advance my knowledge and help me be a better writer. I loved it and my experience was a reminiscence of my high school English class of nouns, pronouns, and verbs and learning the new terms of ellipsis, tautology, and squinting modifiers. Now looking at news articles I see their grammatical bloopers and hear them in the news anchors delivery!

My final exam gave me a grade of 90 and I was very happy. I think this is my alpha and omega of a college education so I guess that makes me a college dropout! But, who knows. I may show up in your class at Texas A&M Texarkana.
Now, on to tweaking AND editing my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment