Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Commitment to God and Each Other



Book Clip
AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)

Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler 



At times the world seems to be skewed with greed and self righteousness and a what’s in it for me attitude. I pray I can always love as Odis did and as Jesus did and make a difference in the world in the time I have left. My journey is secure in Jesus. God has a plan and that plan is an on time plan. I know in my knower that God has everything under control, sometimes I just have to push my faith button a little harder.



Odis told me while we were dating in 1973 “I will love you so much and will be so good to you that you will forget the past.” He loved me out of those painful memories and I never thought of them again until writing this book. Now I have to forget those bad memories in my divorce past all over.



I think the most difficult part is having to do it alone without Odis loving arms holding me, loving me and telling me “it’s all gonna be okay” this time.  Then I remind myself, I do have the comfort of the Holy Spirit AND Odis’ beautiful love letters of encouragement and beautiful, beautiful memories. I am stronger because I have his love surrounding me and memories inside me.  With God and Odis’ wonderful love in my heart, I can do this. 



During the early years of our marriage, Odis would tell me, “Suzie, as you are forgiving others, remember to forgive yourself.”  I have to remember that forgiving is not condoning the actions of the person. I try to remember that as I relive the painful memories of my past.  It is difficult but God wants His forgiveness to extend to ourselves.



I don’t know why we are amazed when God brings blessings into our lives. When I made that phone call in May, 1973, I had no concept of the big picture being set up for me on the stage of life.   God answered my prayer to send me a man who loved me more than life. God still has my future in His hands and I want to continue trusting Him. I know “God didn’t bring me this far just to drop me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment