Thursday, May 26, 2016

AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love) Chapter 18 - The Love of My Life


Copyright ©2016 Suzie Tyler
AGAINST ALL ODDS(We Found The Perfect Love)

Chapter Eighteen - The Love of My Life




On our first meeting in 1973, I was captivated by his engaging smile.  Sitting in the car, chatting in the moonlight, his eyes twinkled and his smile seemed to light up his face.  I could feel his love reaching into my very soul and it startled me.  If eyes are a window to the soul, I am totally exposed!  I was trying to keep my composure and not act like a high school girl in love!  After all, I am now supposed to be a mature 30 year old.  These feelings were racing inside of me in the same way they had fifteen years ago and it was really scaring me.  I am trying to carry on an intelligent conversation but not sure I am hearing a word he is saying or what words are coming out of my mouth! 

When he turned my head to kiss me, I turned away but he read my mind and reminded me, this was not our first date!  I remember vividly, when I let him kiss me, our lips met so gently and sweetly and I was melting inside.  I am feeling very weak and I don’t think I can be responsible for my actions.  Finally, I catch myself and know I have to keep my head on straight but I really did not want to leave that moment in time!  I just laid my head on his shoulder and sighed and wished I could stay there for eternity and beyond!  I told him, “When you hold me, your smile lights up the starry night sky!”  Looking in his eyes, I could see why our love was still alive after fifteen years. 

I wanted to stay in that atmosphere of feeling so loved and relaxed in his arms.  I knew at that moment, under the night’s moon and stars, he had re-established himself as the “love of my life”.

I was trying to make sense of what was going on inside my heart, and not sure how I managed to walk down the sidewalk to my sister’s house.  I’m glad he walked me to the door.  I don’t think I could have made it alone!

Love is a never ending story.   He told me in the first letter he wrote after our May meeting that after seeing me he was able to smile again, hold his head up and life seemed brighter and he would always be grateful to me for that.  In reality, I was the one who was smiling from deep within my heart.  In the eyes of his special love, I could see the reflection of my 1958 dream.  Eyes are the window to the soul and I knew I was looking into the very depth of his soul. I could see love in every twinkle in his eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment