Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Is Divorce in the Bible??

 Divorce! It is a broken covenant with God!

There have been so many articles and books written about divorce, you couldn’t count all of them! People who have never married wrote some books while others by persons who have never experienced divorce! 

I don't think you can really explain any event until you've experienced it! I can't tell you how to raise a child if I've never had a child. I might think I know what I would do, but until I've been there, how can I know? Some things you have to learn experientially.

In one scripture, God says, “I hate divorce!” We know divorce is not in God's perfect plan, but he knew the heart of a man and made provision to be okay in certain instances! He knew the emotional scars it would leave and wanted it avoided if at all possible! 

When I was fifteen, I met my husband! We discussed marriage, a trip to Florida for a honeymoon and he even purchased me an engagement ring but decided I was too young and he should wait until I was older before he proposed! After a quick relocation and a returned letter, we lost contact and married other people. We were both Christians but didn't have Jesus as the Lord of our life and consequently made bad choices for a mate! 

After learning of our reconnection and beautiful love story, I'm often asked, "don't you wish you could have married the love of your life first and not experienced terrible marriages?" It is a tough question after living thru it because the answer would be yes and no! Yes if we would have had the beautiful love for each other but no if we would not have experienced that love! My husband had a lot of love to give, but his first wife was not responsive to love! I think he would have loved me regardless, but our terrible marriages made us appreciate each other more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment