Friday, July 26, 2013

♫♪♫♪ Broadway Baby ♫♪♫♪


As early as I can remember, Karmyn said she wanted to be "On Broadway".  

Dr.  Rainwater in Hot Springs, Arkansas was the "bearer of glad tidings" that early morning in late February.  I remember looking at him in total disbelief and saying, "but my gynecologist in Houston told me that I could not get pregnant".  He laughed and said, "I never tell even my hysterectomy patients that".  Odis said I was "white as a sheet" when I came out of his office.... 

I  was a single mother of a daughter who just 
married my high school sweetheart, from Houston to Lonsdale a population of 105, inherited 3 boys all in an 18-month period and NOW this....  "why me, Lord?"

After the shock sank in, I felt bad for my feelings and asked God to forgive me for doubting His Plan, and prayed for this "blessing" growing inside of me... I asked God to give me a daughter and one that was so talented, it would be beyond my wildest expectations.  In my heart, I wanted a classical pianist, but I wasn't "specific" ....   

Now, wait for the next blog in a few days to see the "rest of the story"......





No comments:

Post a Comment