Saturday, June 11, 2011

Why do people gossip?

This week, I was made aware of a part of people's life that can be really ugly.  Telling untruths or half truths to justify their actions.  It wasn't anything directed at me but an organization that was dear to my heart.  I put on my facebook this statement: "Be careful the next time you say something even if it is a truth or a part truth if it will hurt someone, it should not be said!!"   That also shone a light on my actions and truthful things I have said about someone who had wronged me!  I have made a commitment to watch the words of my mouth and remember the scripture.... James 3:5 NLT....  In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.  But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire...  We can never undo hurtful words once they are said....
Wow, our words are so powerful not only to ourselves but others...  I will backslide time to time but I hope I will remember the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart that they will be acceptable to the Lord Jesus Christ.....  


Join me and make a commitment to not speak hurtful words about someone and to bring a halt to it when it comes to your ears...   It is just a good character trait!!  


Let's stamp out gossip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment