Monday, March 7, 2011

Carotid Doppler Test

When you world tumbles upside down, it changes your life.  It can change for good or change for bad.  It is our choice!

My parents gave me really good genes.  The big flaw in the personality of most of my siblings was being high-strung…I have always been healthy, never sick and other than birthing two children, had never been in the hospital until 2000 when I had my gall bladder removed which is really a testimony in itself. 

That's why, during my routine physical,  and I asked my doctor for a Carotid Doppler test, I was a little taken back to find that I had 79 to 80 percent blockage.  I did not have high blood pressure (until this happened), my cholesterol had been fine, I'm not a smoker, never have been, and no history of heart disease in my family.  After a lot of tests, scheduled surgery, more tests, cancelled surgery, more tests and finally a day was set to do the carotid bypass surgery.  A condensed version is the outcome was good.  My doctor told me that there must be something that God wanted me to do because the surgery saved me from having a massive stroke which could have caused a massive heart attack and I would not have been aware of it if I had not asked my doctor for the Carotid Doppler Test!!  It is a simple test, covered by most insurance and why they don't do this routinely like pap smears and mammograms, I do not know but it certainly should be added!!   Ask you doctor to give you one!!  Very Painless test!!

I am doing very well and as time goes on, I will give more details of the experience but God has certainly blessed me in this Experience of a Testimony to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment